22 July 2019

Upgrade iPhone Speed | Hardware speed up iPhone

Speed up your iPhone by hardware modification


I'm sure from what you know or someone told you that the iPhone speed is can't be upgraded. But I'm saying the otherwise.
I'm NOT talking about software tune-up shit. I'm talking about the hardware upgrade just like a computer by adding more RAM, change CPU or SSD.


Today I would like to share how the speed upgrade is possible. But the works can be only carried by an expert like me.

Because I get the non-stop people asking me this question:
"Is it the bigger storage of the iPhone and it will be lagger (slow)?"
The answer is NO.
Because the speed is entirely up to the memory chip.
Exactly like you buying a memory SDcard that have many different brand and speed.



And the memory chip of the iPhone is called NAND flash. As I said many times before, Apple doesn't make storage. They take the supplies from Sandisk, Toshiba, Hynix, or Samsung.

I know you guys expect all iPhone hardware is the totally same performance compare to the same model, but now I tell you it is NOT. That's why sometimes your friend's iPhone runs better than yours. Not only in terms of speed. The cellular or network performance is also different. You never know what you bought. Different batch and location can have differences.   


So back into topic.
Apple is smart... or I can say the manufactures of NAND too. They use a lower grade of NAND which is slower speed for 16/32 GB.

Lower Tech = Cheaper Cost

Below is the comparison of 32GB and 256GB NAND.
The speed test is based on the iPhone 6S with A9 CPU running PCIe.


32GB NAND PCIe speed
32GB speed test



256GB NAND PCIe speed
256GB speed test

As you can see from above.
32 GB is running an average speed of 48 MB/s (384Mbps)
256 GB is running an average speed of 67 MB/s (536Mbps)

It's about 40% speed increased

The photo I show is only the writing speed. I believe the reading speed is much more but I want to keep this article short.

So I'm not bothering to explain TLC and MLC different. Because what I'm doing today is to tell you that by changing the storage of the iPhone or iPad, the speed can be upgraded as well.

Please don't think the Toshiba is slower. Other brands are also slow if they are the low capacity storage type (16GB or 32GB).


BUT

don't expect it's a very noticeable speedup. Because a lot of works are still depending on the CPU and the RAM especially when it comes to multitasking.

Summary

The speed difference is noticeable for video editing, loading a bunch of photos, compressing a file before sending, loading game time decrease, transferring between PC, backup and more...

iPhone 6S support 512GB
Have you seen 512 GB iPhone 6S selling in Apple?